To maximize your enjoyment and help others enjoy theirs, please observe the following
guidelines while in the park. Remember Rancho Laguna is a special kind of park that
allows dog’s to be off leash with their owners during very specific hours.
The first 9 guidelines are related to state,county, or town ordinances. Click on
hyperlinks to read the law.
1. The owner or person bringing a dog to Rancho Laguna is legally responsible for
their dog(s) and any damage and or injury caused by their dog(s).CCCAC 416-2.010
(owner) , (CFAC 31505)
2. Dogs must be on leash while in the paved parking lot.(TMAO 12.08.180Ordinance
225 ). Owners should carry a leash at all times.
3. Friendly dogs over four months old , which are properly collared, licensed, and
vaccinated are welcome during off leash hours.(CFAC§ 30951//WACHSC 121690
A. Puppies under 4 months have not been fully vaccinated, and are most likely in
need of training. It’s recommend you take your puppy to puppy school; this will
help bridge the gap for puppy socialization and training while preparing you to be
a responsible dog owner. (link to some local puppy trainers coming soon)
B. We strongly encourage you vaccinate your dog againstbordatella & DHLPPC as
well as the legally required rabies vaccine.
4. Dogs in heat are not allowed to enter into the park. (CFAC § 30954)
5. Dogs showing aggression toward people or other dogs shall be restrained; if the
dog continues to demonstrate aggressive behavior while restrained it should be removed
from the park. Dogs with a history of aggressive behavior are encouraged to stay
6. There is an abundance of wildlife in the park. Your pooch can watch the squirrels,
and the gophers dig all they want to. But “Leave it” alone. Prevent your dog from
digging; please fill, level and repair any holes they might dig. (TMAO 12.80.170)
7. Rancho Laguna is one of the few really great parks open to dog owners and their
handlers. Currently the Town of Moraga provides this park for you and your dog to
enjoy responsibly. Please help by always bringing a bag or two to pick up doggy poo.
(CCCAC 416-12.204) Let other’s know when and where their dogs eliminate if they hesitate.
It’s no joke even in the poison oak. To all of you who do your duty by picking up
doody, thank you for keeping our park so clean!!! That’s why it’s pristine. Anything
less just makes you mean.
8. Dogs are allowed to be exercised under control of their owner / handler at this
designated off leash area, (CCCAC S416-4-402-c ) andTown of Moraga ordinance 225.
During the following hours only.
Morning Hours fromopening to
Before 9:00 A.M.
April 1st – September 30 th After 6:00 P.M until park closes. (Spring / Summer)
October 1st – March 31st After 4:00 P.M. until park closes (Fall / Winter)
The park is closed when the police cruiser comes into the park after dusk. Help
keep our cops cool, leave when they ask.
9. Dog owners should read announcements about special events and act accordingly.
10. Please drive slowly when entering or exiting the park. The entrance is located
next to the child’s play area.
11. Please keep your dog out of the play grounds, and occupied picnic areas. Allow
others to enjoy the beauty.
12. If you are asked to restrain your dog, because another owner is uncomfortable
with rough play, act upon the request, by moving your dog to another area of the
park, giving your dog a time-out, or whatever will effectively solve the problem.
13. Keep an eye on your dog.
14. Help others enjoy this park by being considerate to others and attentive to